Looking for a lightweight SEO plugin to improve your site’s search engine rankings? The Ahrefs SEO WordPress plugin helps you perform content audits so you can get more organic traffic to your website.
Getting organic traffic to your site is hard. The most prolific content creators have discovered that to win at the SEO game, you need to commit to publishing in-depth content regularly. While publishing frequently is helpful for getting high search engine rankings, doing it without a concrete strategy can result in a bloated and under-optimized website.
Knowing your website’s backlink profile is also an essential part of securing high search rankings. Understanding which sites are linking to your content helps you better plan your content promotion strategy.
The best marketers know that dedicating resources to improve their content and acquire backlinks generate massive rewards. Unfortunately, not everyone has the expertise to analyze a complex set of data to perform these simple yet important tasks.
After years of building SEO tools for some of the top search marketing professionals, we are giving regular WordPress sites the ability to tap into these resources and expertise so you can start winning at the SEO game too.
Unique to Ahrefs SEO plugin
There are a lot of other SEO plugins in the market… So you must be thinking, why another one? First of all, the Ahrefs SEO plugin is complimentary to the other SEO plugins you are using. We’re focusing on features unique to Ahrefs:
Ahrefs boasts the world’s largest index of live backlinks. We update it with fresh data every 15-30 minutes. We use backlink data to calculate our proprietary metrics: Ahrefs Rank, Domain Rating and URL Rating.
Google Analytics Integration
Unlike other plugins, we don’t just pull data into your WordPress Admin and show you the same information that you can see on your Google Analytics dashboard. We analyze your traffic and conversion data to give you an idea of what to do next so you can take actionable steps towards getting more search traffic.
Google Search Console Integration
We utilize your Google Search Console connection to provide you with better target keyword recommendations for your posts. We analyze your keywords data to give you suggestions on how to redirect or merge your content.
We combine data from our backlink index together with your Google Analytics & Search Console account to provide you targeted recommendations on how to improve your content so it gets more search traffic.
And the usual best-practices
Other than the unique features, we make sure that we adhere to the best-practices for WordPress plugin development.
The plugin puts a minimal load on your WordPress servers.
Easy to setup and configure
The setup wizard is a three step configuration that gets you started in less than 5 minutes.
Check out other paid tools on ahrefs.com
Imagens de tela
Getting started with Ahrefs SEO consists of just two simple steps: installing and setting up the plugin.
From within WordPress
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘Ahrefs SEO’
- Install Ahrefs SEO once it appears
- Activate Ahrefs SEO from your Plugins page;
- Go to “after activation” below.
- Upload the ‘ahrefs-seo’ folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory;
- Activate the Ahrefs SEO plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress;
- Go to ‘after activation’ below.
- Click on the Ahrefs SEO tab;
- You should see the Ahrefs SEO setup wizard;
- Go through the setup wizard and follow the steps to connect Ahrefs to your site;
- Voila, that’s it – you’re ready to use the plugin!
Can I use the plugin if I am not a paying customer of Ahrefs?
Yes you can. You can opt for a free Authorization code during the plugin activation and perform a full content audit for your site. However, the free code is temporary and expires every few weeks, so you’ll have to reconnect the plugin each time this happens.
I am a paying customer of Ahrefs. How does this affect my subscription?
Your subscription of Ahrefs comes with Integration Rows that will be consumed with each API request. You can check the remaining balance in the plugin under ‘Settings’ or in your Ahrefs account under ‘API profile’.
How does the content audit in Ahrefs SEO plugin work?
A content audit is where you analyze the performance of all content on your site to determine whether it should be kept as-is, updated, deleted, consolidated, or redirected.
This results in a healthier site with fewer underperforming low-quality pages.
It’s the online equivalent of a spring clean. You’re getting rid of anything and everything you don’t need and freshening up the place for your visitors—and Google.
Read more about how the plugin works here.
Do I need to connect Ahrefs & Google accounts for this plugin to work?
Ahrefs, Google Analytics & Google Search Console are required connections for the plugin to work. Giving actual site organic traffic & keyword position data to the plugin will allow the content audit to perform optimally, giving you better and more accurate recommendations.
Does this replace other SEO plugins that I have installed?
No this does not. The Ahrefs SEO plugin focuses on auditing your site content and is meant to work alongside some of your favorite WordPress SEO plugins.
It works perfectly well with other plugins like Yoast, Rank Math, SEOPress.
Contribuidores e desenvolvedores
“Ahrefs SEO” é um software com código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin.Contribuidores
Registro de alterações
Release date: April 26th, 2022
The new Ahrefs SEO v.0.9.7 release includes several small but long-awaited improvements:
- Content audit data management has become more flexible. You can now choose to either keep or delete all audit data from your website’s database when you uninstall the plugin.
- Sometimes, WordPress sites have different settings and plugins installed that affect non-canonical, noindex and redirect tags on pages. Because of that, the Ahrefs SEO plugin can incorrectly assign those statuses to pages on occasion and automatically exclude them from the audit. Now, you can manually include such articles in your audits and reset their assigned status.
- The Select target keyword modal design was improved. It now fits better in smaller displays.
- And as always, we did a bunch of other small improvements and bug fixes.
Release date: March 22th, 2022
With the new Ahrefs SEO 0.9.6 release, you can now select a specific country in your plugin settings to make your content audit results more accurate.
Before, we always showed the average position for target keywords across all countries. So if a website did business in the UK and ranked well there, but ranked pretty low in average position worldwide, we reported that their content was performing poorly. Now, they can select “UK” in the plugin settings and see that they’re performing well in their country of choice.
Release date: March 9th, 2022
The new Ahrefs SEO 0.9.5 release is dedicated to one big feature: support for user roles. If there are several people working on articles for your website, they can now all access the Content audit report and monitor the performance of their articles. Here’s how it works:
- Authors now have access to the results of content audits and can modify their articles.
- In addition to that, Editors can run new content audits, export content audit reports, and customize the scope of audits.
- Admins have full access to plugin settings, can change the audit schedule, and manage connected Google and Ahrefs accounts.
Release date: February 14th, 2022
The new Ahrefs SEO 0.9.4 release adds two long-requested features:
- Export of the Content audit report. Now you can export to a CSV file all metrics for all analyzed articles or only for articles with a selected performance status.
- Include tag pages in audit. If your tag pages are intended to rank in organic search, you can now include them in your content audit.
This release also contains a bunch of smaller improvements and bug fixes:
- Support for more specific GA and GSC configurations and improved auto-detection of the best profiles.
- Updated UI for the Scope of audit settings.
- Resolved some incompatibility with the Redirection plugin.
- Improved handling of the plugin and website configuration errors.
- Fixed a bug where pagination was reset after manually including or excluding an article.
Release date: January 18th, 2022
- Updated GA Admin API functions due to changes in the API.
Release date: January 13th, 2022
The new Ahrefs SEO 0.9.2 release brings a couple of new features:
- We now support the Redirection plugin. If you have redirects set there, we’ll know and automatically exclude redirected articles from the audit.
- It’s now possible to adjust the speed of scheduled audits. Look for the “Delay between requests” option in the plugin settings.
- And as usual, we did a bunch of smaller improvements and bug fixes.
Release date: December 2nd, 2021
The new Ahrefs SEO 0.9.1 release is focused on canonical tags:
- Identifying non-canonical posts. We now recognize non-canonical posts and automatically exclude them from the audit. We support canonical tags set in Yoast, RankMath, AIOSEO and in WordPress itself.
- Support for the primary category set in Yoast. Previously, if your post fell under multiple categories and you included a category in your URL permalinks, we might not have correctly identified the primary category set in Yoast and hence analyzed an incorrect URL. This has been fixed.
- Audit progress indication. This is now more responsive and smoother. In the past, it might have seemed like the audit was stuck, especially on larger websites. But now, the real-time audit completion percentages let you know that all is going well.
- Design and description of suggested actions. The reasons why we put a post in a particular category now look clearer and more informative.
- Some other small bug fixes and improvements.
Release date: November 10th, 2021
With the new Ahrefs SEO 0.9.0 release, you can now import target keywords from AIOSEO in addition to the two plugins we already support: Yoast and RankMath.
We also improved the handling and reporting of misconfiguration and server errors during DB upgrades, plus fixed a bunch of smaller bugs.