This plugin generates Featured Image for all posts at once.
It is based on WordPres 2.9+ feature – Post Thumbnails. This plugin takes the first image (by default) from post body and assignes it as a post Featured Image. It helps if your theme supports post thumbnails feature and you want to assign Featured Image for all your existing posts.
Plugin performs mass manipulation on posts Featured Image property and uploads files if they are stored externally. Don’t forget to backup your files and database before using this plugin.
It displays log of success/fails. There is also a feature to remove all Featured Images from all posts – this only changes post setting, no actual files are removed.
Imagens de tela
- Extract zip in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Open the plugin management page, which is located under Tools -> Generate Thumbnails. If you get plugin warning, that means either your theme does not support WordPress Post Thumbnails feature or your WordPress version is lower than 2.9. See related links for more information.
- Set overwrite parameter, if you want existing post thumbnails to be overwritten by generated thumbnails.
- Set the number of the post image, that you want to be used as your post thumbnail.
- Click on Generate Thumbnails and wait until process is finished.
- What image will be used as post thumbnail?
You can specify image number that will be used as post thumbnail. By default it takes the first image in the post body. If this image was uploaded on server plugin assigns it as a post thumbnail. If the image is externally hosted, plugin will upload it on server, attach to post and assign as thumbnail.
If there is no image for specified image number in the post, then no thumbnail will be stored for this post. If Overwrite parameter is checked, then if the post already has thumbnail old thumbnail will be removed.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contribuidores e desenvolvedores
“Generate Post Thumbnails” é um software com código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin.Contribuidores
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Registro de alterações
- Tested with WP 3.1
- Added url decoding
- Added live log
- Removing thumbnails feature
- Fixed the bug when external images contain query parameters
- Uploading of externally hosted images tries several methods for different configurations
- Relative paths support fixed
- Added support of externally hosted images
- Released plugin initial version