Social Icons Obvs offers the ability to add social media icons to a WordPress site with extensive customising options, such as icon background colour, shape, size, spacing and alignment.
The plugin settings page consists of three sections, each with it’s own tab. They are namely Accounts, Customise and Display.
The Accounts section consists of 14 social media channels that can be switched on, at which point a profile URL is required.
The plugin currently serves the following channels: Behance, Bitbucket, Dribbble, Facebook, GitHub, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Soundcloud, Tumblr, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube and YunoJuno.
The Customise section features various options, including:
- Background colours are available as either branded, transparent or custom (the latter features a colour picker for selecting a specific HEX value).
- Shapes (that is, the shape that each icon sits within) can either be square, circle or square with rounded corners.
- Size can either be small (30 x 30 px), medium (40 x 40 px) or large (50 x 50 px).
- Alignment can be set to either center, left or right.
- Spacing places a certain amount of space either side of each icon and can be set to either Extra Small (5 px), Small (10 px), Medium (15 px), Large (20 px) or Extra Large (25 px).
In this section, the icons can be dragged and dropped into the desired order, the top one being the first.
Once the changes have been saved, place the shortcode
[social_icons_obvs] wherever you would like the icons displayed.
Note: If any changes are made in this section once the shortcode has been placed somewhere in the site, the new changes will be reflected in the previously placed shortcode.
Imagens de tela
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the
social-icons-obvspackage to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Head over to the plugin settings page to activate your accounts, customise the look of your icons and display them on your website.
How do I display my icons?
Once you have activated your accounts and customised your icons, go to the ‘Display’ tab in the plugin settings.
In this section, you can choose the order in which your icons appear and finally copy the displayed shortcode and paste it wherever you would like the icons to display, such as in an empty text widget or your website footer.
What is a shortcode?
WordPress best sums up what a shortcode is: “A shortcode is a WordPress-specific code that lets you do nifty things with very little effort. Shortcodes can embed files or create objects that would normally require lots of complicated, ugly code in just one line”.
What is an SVG?
This plugin uses SVG icons so that, among other benefits, their appearance does not degrade in retina displays.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contribuidores e desenvolvedores
“Social Icons Obvs” é um software com código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin.Contribuidores
Registro de alterações
Updated banner and icon assets
Various small bug fixes
Image path fixes
Corrected tested WP version
Added WhatsApp icon
Updated plugin styles and js
Tested in WordPress 5.5
Updated plugin styles and js
Updated tested version to 4.8.
Removed unused loader image.
Added YunoJuno icon, tested in WordPress 4.7.5 and minor tweaks.
Removed loader from admin settings page.
Updated plugin description.
Added support for the following languages:
- English (GB)
- English (US)
Support for more languages will be coming soon!
A few tweaks:
- Fixed text domain for strings
- Updated required WP version so as not to require load_plugin_textdomain()
Added donation link.
Fixed colour picker in admin section.