WordPress Options is a free WordPress plugin specifically directed at designers and developers who wish to easily and quickly add options to their WordPress products with minimal code while at the same time providing a lot of features for power developers to extend the way the options behave.
Eager to get started using the plugin and write some code to see it in action?
Just hop directly into the introductory tutorial! The most efficient way to learn is by experiment. Also make sure you stay tuned for more tutorials in the future. You can ensure you won’t miss any by following us!
If you then also decide you want to provide an intuitive interface in your options panels for your users to easily install premium addons, you might want to consider purchasing the Addon Installer.
The plugin provides many different option types that cover most of any designer/developer requirements. The list of option types so far: boolean, text, integer, decimal, color, image, video, media, style, script, user, author, category, page, tag-list, options-page, options-section, addon.
- Creates all Options UI elements automatically
- Automatic submission and storage for options
- Uses WordPress Settings API for maximum compatibility
- Built-in value type validation ensures reliability and security
- Multiple option types to select all kinds of data
- Includes option types for WordPress-specific data
- Supports custom validation for all option types
- Options pages can be placed anywhere in the admin menu
- Callback system to dynamically change item data
- Optional addon that allows authors to sell their own addons
- WordPress Options Official Page
- Simple tutorial to get you started
- Addon Installer which allows you to distribute your own premium addons
- The free Stripefolio theme provides a very good and complete real world example on how to use the WordPress Options framework in your own themes or plugins
Imagens de tela
Please look at the introductory tutorial
Also the free Stripefolio theme provides a very good and complete real world example on how to use the WordPress Options framework in your own themes or plugins
- How can I see this framework in action?
Have a look at the free Stripefolio theme which provides a very good and complete real world example on how to use the WordPress Options framework in your own themes or plugins
- How does the code look like?
$test_options = array(
‘show_tips’ => array(
‘default’ => false,
‘label’ => __(‘Show Tips’, ‘my-test’)
‘background_image’ => array(
‘type’ => ‘image’,
‘label’ => __(‘Background Image’, ‘my-test’)
‘header_logo_image’ => array(
‘type’ => ‘image’,
‘label’ => __(‘Logo Image’, ‘my-test’),
‘tip’ => __(‘Maximum size is 1024×150 pixels’, ‘my-test’)
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contribuidores e desenvolvedores
“WordPress Options” é um software com código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin.Contribuidores
Registro de alterações
- Fix to reduce potential conflicts with other plugins using jQuery UI
- Fixed some warnings and notices
- Added usage of module property
- Move addons automatically when upgrading to ensure they are kept
- Other misc fixes
- Add link-target item property to link plugins to settings
- Adjusted callback system
- Rendering now supports context
- Fixes and cleanups
- First public release.